[News] Short Review and Screenshots of Parsix GNU/Linux 2.0r0

First Look: Parsix 2.0r0

,----[ Quote ]
| With the spring settling in more and more everyday and flowers blooming all
| over the place, we thought it would be appropriate to take a first look at
| the Persian flower distribution that goes by the name of Parsix 2.0r0.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-Parsix-2-0r0-107638.shtml

Recent:

Parsix GNU/Linux 1.5r2 has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| The second maintenance release of Parsix GNU/Linux 1.5 code name `Viola` is
| available now. Viola r2 is synchronized with Debian testing repositories as
| of July 24, 2008. This version contains several bug fixes, several updated
| packages and updated kernel drivers. Highlights: GNOME 2.22.3, GNU Iceweasel
| 3.0.3, Pidgin 2.4.3 and OpenOffice.org 2.4.1.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/News-article-sid-87.html

First Look - Parsix GNU/Linux 1.5r1

,----[ Quote ]
| Parsix is a nice solid little distro, but I'm finding it difficult to list
| one hard compelling reason why someone should switch to it. If you prefer the
| Persian language and keyboard, then Parsix is definitely for you. If you'd
| like a nice Debian derivative with a pretty GNOME desktop that works good,
| comes in one CD, and uses APT/Synaptic, then perhaps give Parsix a try.
|
| For someone with Linux experience the installer is user-friendly, but for
| someone coming straight from Windows it may not be. However, the system is as
| easy to use as any other. It has handy features and applications, and the
| Parsix software repositories have lots more.
|
| It's just a good little distro. I think if you were looking for an
| alternative to Ubuntu, then Parsix is a good choice. In fact, that's the
| feeling I get every time I test Parsix - it's Ubuntu for folks who don't want
| to use Ubuntu.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080804#feature

Parsix GNU/Linux 1.5r1 has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| An updated version of Parsix GNU/Linux 1.5 code name `Viola` is available
| now. Viola r1 is synchronized with Parsix and Debian testing repositories as
| of July 24, 2008. This version contains several bug fixes, updated kernel
| drivers, updated documentation and updated X.Org. Highlights: GNOME 2.22.3,
| GNU Iceweasel 3.0.1, Pidgin 2.4.3 and OpenOffice.org 2.4.1. Viola officially
| supports Compiz-Fusion, VirtualBox-OSE and GNU Flash Player.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/News-article-sid-83.html

A Symphony For Viola: Parsix 1.5r0 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I can't praise Parsix 1.5r0 enough: It's stable while being cutting edge,
| stylish while being practical and is certainly in my top five favourite
| distributions, which is saying something given how low-profile it remains
| (it's still only at No 57 on the Distrowatch page-hit ranking list, which is
| ridiculously low).
| Try it – please – and you'll see what I mean.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/06/symphony-for-viola-parsix-15r0-review.html

Parsix GNU/Linux 1.5r0 codename 'Viola' has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| After a two-week delay, we proudly announce the immediate availability of
| Parsix GNU/Linux 1.5r0 codename 'Viola'. Parsix Viola brings several new
| features, contains a new kernel, updated software packages, updated
| documentation, improved installer system and several fixes for the reported
| defects.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/News-article-sid-81.html

First Look at Parsix GNU/Linux 1.0r0, Ramon Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux distributions keep on updating, and upgrading and releasing new
| editions and basically getting better, faster, stronger and more usable,
| otherwise they will just be dead with no one to miss them or even be
| interested in them. That’s just the way it works, which is very good for the
| end user. Parsix Linux is no different.
`----

http://www.linuxlove.org/2008/01/28/first-look-at-parsix-gnulinux-10r0-ramon-edition/

Parsix GNU/Linux 1.0 Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| A new version of Parsix Linux was just released, a few minutes ago! It comes
| with new features, bug fixes and many improvements over previews releases.
| Among the improvements, we can notice that the Rhythmbox audio player was
| replaced by the popular and sexy Exaile. Moreover, software such as IP Traf,
| Bug Buddy, AptOnCD, XawTV, xfardic-xdb-gcide, qemuctl, qemu-launcher, rpm,
| espeak and tsclient were added or re-added by popular demand.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Parsix-GNU-Linux-1-0-Is-Here-77204.shtml

Parsix Linux 1.0 Test 3 Has Been Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Highlights: GNOME 2.20.3, Linux kernel 2.6.23.9 with CK, TuxOnIce, CFS v24,
| iwlwifi with led support and mactel patches, OpenOffice 2.2.1 and GNU
| Iceweasel 2.0.0.11.
`----

http://linuxmini.blogspot.com/2008/01/parsix-linux-10-test-3-has-been.html

Related:

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90r1 has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| Highlights: GNOME 2.18.3, Linux kernel 2.6.20.1 with CK and Suspend2 patches,
| read/write mode is default for NTFS partitions, improved hardware detection
| system and hard disk installer and replaced Totem with VLC.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=59

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90r0 codename 'Barry' has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the most
| perfect version of Parsix GNU/Linux ever, 0.90r0 codename 'Barry'.
| This version brings the recent open source technologies bound into
| a quality live/installation CD-ROM right to your desktop/laptop PC.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=55

Parsix 0.90 Test 3

,----[ Quote ]
| The third test release of Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90 is now available. New in
| this LiveCD is GNOME 2.18.2, Sun Java replaced by GCJ, added the Parsix
| Book to the LiveCD, several bug fixes, glibc 2.5, and many other
| improvements.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=746&num=1

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.85.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| An updated version of Parsix GNU/Linux is available now. This version
| merges all published updates on the Parsix and Debian repositories
| since December 1, 2006 to Mar 1, 2007 into a rock solid collection
| and fixes all reported bugs.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=45

Centers established to observe open source software copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| The Deputy ICT Minister in Infrastructure IT Affairs added, "The
| expansion of open source software production is seen mainly as
| the activity of the country's universities and we intend to
| subdivide its various fields of activities among countries with
| IT faculties."
`----

http://www.taliyanews.com/en/archive/2007/05/centers_established_to_observe.php

Science and Art Foundation's wonderful work in Bam

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.payvand.com/news/07/may/1099.html