[News] New Mail/Collaboration Solutions for GNU/Linux

Open-Xchange to Demo Social Media Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The social media platform comes at an opportune time, as Facebook users find
| themselves binded by legalities involving data ownership and communities like
| Google's OpenSocial compete to create open access to data.
`----

http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/032009_Open-Xchange_to_Demo_Social_Media_Platform

Open Source Groupware Hits Prime Time

,----[ Quote ]
| Scalable OpenGroupware.org 1.0 may not sound like a sexy name, but its
| release this week bears checking out all the same. Based on the
| OpenGroupware.org standards, "SOGo," as it's called, has been years in the
| making and could give businesses a much lower cost (i.e. free) way to link
| employees' calendaring, email and collaboration. As SOGo developers
| write, "Your users can either use a web browser, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple
| iCal, or a mobile device to access the same information."
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/216200341

5 Open-source Programs that Give You a Better Outlook on Life

,----[ Quote ]
| Kontact
|
| Kontact is a well-respected Linux email and personal information application,
| and a Windows version is being worked on as we speak. You can download it
| today through the KDE on Windows project, but it is not yet ready for the
| average user. Keep your eye on it for the future.
|
| Kontact is actually a collection of integrated yet individual applications.
| This is very handy, since you can open just the calendar without having to
| open the entire suite.
`----

http://www.adriantry.com/5-open-source-programs-that-give-you-a-better-outlook-on-life/

Recent:

Microsoft Restores Service After Hotmail Outage

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft scrambled to fix a global outage that hit its Windows Live Hotmail
| service for several hours on Thursday.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/161194/microsoft_restores_service_after_hotmail_outage.html?tk=rss_news

Hotmail posts decline in traffic in U.S.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/153992.asp?source=rss