[News] GNU/Linux Audiovisual Showcasts

Maddog's Challenge: Quick and Dirty Videos about Free Software

,----[ Quote ]
| I have been busy over the past several weeks doing various videos, all done
| with Free Software, in specific the programs Inkscape, Kino, GIMP and
| Audacity.
|
| These videos can be found on my YouTube channel "maddoghall" I have had many
| comments about them. A couple of people have critiqued the quality
| (particularly the singing) and one criticized the acting, but most of the
| comments were positive.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/blogs/paw_prints_writings_of_the_maddog/maddog_s_challenge_quick_and_dirty_videos_about_free_software

10 Best Image Viewers for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I earlier wrote about the best 20 free image editor including 5 best online
| image editors. Image viewers are used to display or handle stored graphical
| images in different graphics file formats.  Following are some of most widely
| used Image viewers for Linux you can consider using. They are all unique in
| their own way.
`----

http://techcityinc.com/2009/03/10-best-image-viewers-for-linux/

Testing 3.0 - A Sneak Peek at 64 Studio 3.0 and Ardour3

,----[ Quote ]
| I know it's a tease, but I want readers to know that some important
| development is going on in these projects—development that may have a great
| impact on the Linux audio world. 64 Studio 3.0 promises a new world of kernel
| capabilities, and Ardour3 will assume the status of a complete professional
| DAW. Linux sound software is indeed looking and sounding better all the time.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/testing-30-sneak-peek-64-studio-30-and-ardour3

Recent:

Getting My Kicks On Route 64

,----[ Quote ]
| More users are jumping on the 64-bit bandwagon, and the 64Studio
| developers are doing their best to make the ride as smooth as possible.
| Bumps may occur, and users experiencing problems with the system can
| reach Daniel and Free via the active 64Studio mail-list. If you own a
| 64-bit (AMD or Intel) machine and want to know how it handles
| contemporary Linux sound and music software, check out 64Studio,
| it's Da 64-bit Bomb.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000126

Review of dyne:bolic 2.4.2