[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Works Well on Desktop, Server, and Community

Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) - My Thoughts So Far

,----[ Quote ]
| 1 reboot later, past the (in my opinion) great new GDM theme and nice new
| splash screen, I’m logged in, installing my nvidia drivers (180.xx) as
| recommended by a little pop-up. After that install and reboot, I get compiz
| effects working great, as well as an extended desktop - awesome!
`----

http://blog.joeb454.com/2009/03/ubuntu-904-jaunty-my-thoughts-so-far/

Ubuntu and me

,----[ Quote ]
| At the end of the day, I’m glad FreeNAS didn’t work out (I think if I had an
| older used computer it might have been better). Ubuntu will still offer me a
| stable fileserver, but it also lets me let it double as a webserver and I get
| to learn another operating system.
|
| Ubuntu. It’s not just a cool name.
`----

http://www.harvsworld.com/?p=745

Ubuntu Developers Aren't Scary

,----[ Quote ]
| Soon after that I became friends with Jordan and with Daniel Chen, who lives
| nearby. Daniel showed up to our LoCo's Gutsy and Hardy installfests, and at
| the Hardy one I convinced him to start mentoring me on how audio works.
| They're both nice guys, just know that mentioning brokenness in QA to Jordan
| or in audio to Daniel will very likely result in a long, drawn-out analysis
| of the situation. You've been warned.
`----

http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com/2009/03/ubuntu-developers-arent-scary.html

Recent:

Towards the freedom of the operating system: the French Gendarmerie goes for
Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.osor.eu/case_studies/towards-the-freedom-of-the-operating-system-the-french-gendarmerie-goes-for-ubuntu