[News] Analysis and Review of GNOME 2.26

GNOME 2.26's 5 Best Features

,----[ Quote ]
| I started running GNOME 2.26 on the Ubuntu 9.04 alpha a few days ago, and
| I've been pleasantly surprised. While the Ubuntu 9.04 alpha 6 is still very
| much a work in progress, GNOME 2.26 manages to run like a charm on it. I'll
| soon be installing it on my other Linux distributions.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/gnome_2_26s_5_best_features

Hands-on: GNOME 2.26 brings incremental improvements

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/03/hands-on-gnome-226-brings-incremental-improvement.ars

Recent:

GNOME 2.26 big on device, messaging integration

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME 2.26 now offers support for 48 languages with at least 80 percent of
| strings translated.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/296339/gnome_2_26_big_device_messaging_integration?rid=-219

First Look: GNOME 2.26

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm especially excited about the new per-application volume control feature
| in PulseAudio and the fact that Brasero, my all-time favorite burning
| application, is now the default one in GNOME 2.26. We'll meet again with a
| new version of the GNOME desktop environment six months from now, when 2.28
| is expected to be released.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-GNOME-2-26-107111.shtml

Gnome 2.26: What to expect

,----[ Quote ]
| On the interface front there are a number of changes that will give Gnome
| 2.26 a little more polish. These include a dark widget theme, a flat widget
| theme, a compact widget theme for small screens and some nicer Gnome Panel
| icons.
|
| All told, Gnome 2.26 is a solid release even if it’s not the most exciting
| release ever. Perhaps the Gnome 2.2x series is now nearing its logical peak
| and developers will need to shaking things up with a 3.0 release? Let’s hope
| so.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=4373

Afrikaans translators make good progress on Gnome 2.26

,----[ Quote ]
| As Friedel Wolff points out, more than 25 percent of Gnome 2.26 has been
| translated into Afrikaans. Which is good progress over the 19 percent of
| Gnome 2.24. Other localisation efforts such as Zulu and Xhosa are also at
| varying stages of development.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=4380

GNOME 2.26.0 released