[News] UK Government Lets MAFIAA Run the Web and Spreads DRM

Is The UK Turning The Policing Of File-Sharing Over To The Copyright Cartel?

,----[ Quote ]
| The UK released its "Digital Britain" report a couple of months ago, and it
| was derided not just because it was very vague, but also because it caved to
| the interests of the recording industry. The extent to which that's the case
| is slightly staggering. The British government has now released some details
| on part of the plan that would create a "Digital Rights Agency" -- a
| government-backed industry body to tackle file-sharing.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090317/1228084154.shtml

Obama's diplomatic gift to UK leader fubared by DRM

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/03/19/obamas-diplomatic-gi.html

Recent:

No ID Card Function Creep? Pull the Other One

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, tell me again why we should trust the UK government over ID cards? At
| least it seems a few other people are beginning to have their doubts:
|
|     The government should limit the data it collects on citizens for its ID
|     card scheme to avoid creating a surveillance society, a group of MPs has
|     warned.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/06/no-id-card-function-creep-pull-other.html

RMS Adds a Little Oyster Sauce

,----[ Quote ]
| I refrained from commenting because I have big problems with the Oyster
| system.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/06/rms-adds-little-oyster-sauce.html

ID Cards: Scandalous as Well as Idiotic