[News] Lists of GNU/Linux Applications That Add Value to the Platform

Ten obscure Linux applications you need to try

,----[ Quote ]
| With thousands of Linux tools available, it is inevitable that some of the
| best ones get lost in the crowd. Jack Wallen introduces apps that more admins
| should know about.
|
| Search for Linux applications on Freshmeat and you'll get more than 11,000
| hits.
`----

http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/articles/comment/0,1000002985,39617672,00.htm

10 Linux and open source developer tools you should not overlook

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is a great development environment. But without sound development
| tools, that environment won’t do you any good. Fortunately, plenty of Linux
| and/or open source development tools are available. If you’re a new user you
| might not know which tools are there, but worry not. Here are 10 outstanding
| tools that will help you take your development to another level.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/10things/?p=579

Readers’ Choice: Awesome Linux Apps that Need Our Attention

,----[ Quote ]
| I got some very interesting comments on my post about Linux projects that
| need more attention, so I decided to feature a few of the readers’
| recommendations. They have mentioned very interesting and useful
| applications, some of which I have never heard of. A warning though: this is
| a very mixed bunch, some of the apps are just little tools while others are
| heavy-duty software projects.
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2009/03/17/readers-choice-awesome-linux-apps-that-need-our-attention/

Recent:

10 free photo/image tools for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Okay, you’re probably wondering why would anyone want an alternative image
| editor to GIMP - the GNU Image Manipulation Program. After all, it appears in
| all the major distros already and is easily the most popular image/photo tool
| for Linux OSs.
`----

http://darrenyates.com.au/?p=647

Top 5 Linux Games for 2009