Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Cloud' Down for an ENTIRE DAY

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:10:05 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Phil Da Lick!" <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:M9-dnYoVDt-zkV_UnZ2dnUVZ8rqWnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> SomeBloke wrote:

>>> club-down-for-22-hours.aspx

>>> I agree, the cloud is just vapour! (sorry).
>>>

>> And its not just the remote service that can go tits up either. You
>> could have all manner of connection problems. Maybe good enough for
>> John Q. who's just putting things like photos and blogs and stuff but
>> for a busy company? Forget it.
>
> And talk about "lock in" - currently at least the data is on your own
> computer. When all of your data, processes and applications exist
> elsewhere on somebody else's computer you are locked-in like you've
> never been locked-in before.

How long would it be (supposing that the Cloud takes off) before someone
comes up with the revolutionary idea of a local backup for all of your
data normally stored remotely. Just in case, for all of us nervous types.

--
I'm always kind, polite and reasonable....  except when I'm not.