[News] Lots More GNU/Linux and Free Software in Servers/'Cloud'

EUCALYPTUS: a Tree Growing in the Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| Most important for Linux Journal readers, “EUCALYPTUS is implemented using
| commonly available Linux tools and basic Web service technology making it
| easy to install and maintain”, they say.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/eucalyptus-tree-growing-cloud

Open Enterprise Interview: Mike Olson, Cloudera

,----[ Quote ]
| MO: I started college at Berkeley in 1979. In 1980, I got a work-study job
| for the Computer Systems Research Group, which produced the Berkeley Software
| Distribution -- what most people call "Berkeley Unix". I worked for Bill Joy
| and Bob Fabry on that project (and the guy in the next office was a kind of
| geeky grad student named Eric Schmidt...).
|
| I dropped out for a few years in 1982 and returned to Berkeley as an
| undergrad in 1988. I got a job working for Mike Stonebraker on the Postgres
| project, where I was one of the key developers. I got my BA in 1991, MSc in
| 1992 and left grad school in 1993 to join Stonebraker's Postgres startup,
| Illustra. One of the last things I did at Berkeley was to write, with Margo
| Seltzer, an embedded database engine called Berkeley DB.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1999&blogid=14

Zmanda Cloud Backup : Open Source Disaster Recovery Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Zmanda Cloud Backup is a cost-effective backup and disaster recovery solution
| for SMBs. Because putting together a comprehensive data protection strategy
| can be difficult for midmarket companies, the company positions Zmanda Cloud
| Backup (ZCB) has simplified the process.
`----

http://www.eweekeurope.co.uk/product/zmanda-cloud-backup--open-source-disaster-recovery-solution-246

Bottling the Magic Behind Google and Facebook

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/16/bottling-the-magic-behind-google-and-facebook/

`----