Re: [News] GNU/Linux Advocated for Old PCs in the Press

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Renew your old PC
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Of all the alternative operating systems, one stands out when it comes
> | to great performance on lower-spec hardware - Linux.
> |
> | Those of you shaking your heads and turning the page, hold on. There are
> | plenty of other options if you can't stomach Linux, but I can tell you
> | right now they won't perform anywhere near as well as a well- tuned
> | Linux setup, so bear with me for a moment.
> `----
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/gadgets/2269025/Renew-your-old-PC

Deleting WINDUMMY OSen from old PCs is refreshing breath of air.
Most windummies are afraid to do this to new PCs - an indication
they are true bum boyees for micoshaft corporation and beaten.
Deleting WINDUMMY OSen from old PCs and installing Linux
is a good way to start learning Linux with some LiveCDs
on those spare PCs.

http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com