[News] Ubuntu Derivative Qimo Works Well, Preview of Ubuntu Linux 9.04

Qimo does it right

,----[ Quote ]
| For now I give a wholehearted, giant, cartoon-sized thumbs-up to Qimo, for
| keeping very small computer users happy, and keeping some otherwise outdated
| machines in circulation. And for giving me an idea or two of what to do with
| this K6-2.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/qimo-does-it-right/

Interesting New Features in Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty

,----[ Quote ]
| I took a look at the Alpha6 and these are the noticible differences to 8.10.
|
| New login screen
`----

http://blog.ibeentoubuntu.com/2009/03/interesting-new-features-in-ubuntu-904.html

Recent:

Qimo, Linux 4 Kids

,----[ Quote ]
| I really like Qimo as a project; it has the interests of children at heart
| and particular those who might be disadvantaged in some way, so it's worthy
| of support for those reasons alone.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/03/qimo-linux-4-kids.html

Tykes Need Linux Too

,----[ Quote ]
| In our efforts to get GNU/Linux-based computers into the hands of students,
| we find that the majority of our machines are going to kids from ages 10-16.
| That's an accurate age demographic for those who receive what we give. In
| most cases, the child has already been exposed to a Windows machine but oddly
| enough, bears almost none of the hesitancy to learn a new system.
|
| Much unlike their parents. ("Can't you just make it LOOK like Windows?")
|
| Yes I can.
|
| No I won't.
|
| Lately we've received a larger number of requests where the children in the
| family are younger than the usual requester. Our first install this Saturday
| morning was no exception to that influx.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/03/tykes-need-linux-too.html

Giving kids a fresh start with Qimo Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Taking advantage of that concept is Qimo, a desktop operating system geared
| toward kids that is based on the Ubuntu distribution of Linux. Developed by a
| husband-and-wife team Brian and Michelle Hall, Qimo was released in
| mid-February.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10170647-16.html

Linux Monday: Distributions Cool and Minty

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://jdeeth.blogspot.com/2009/03/software-as-subversive-activity-part-15.html