[News] Linux Foundation Makes Strong Marketing Arm and Releases Videos

Linux gains social networking hub

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has taken over hosting and content for the linux.com
| domain from SourceForge Inc with the aim of producing a dynamic web 2.0 site
| that is high on collaboration and utility. Potential ideas touted so far
| include a Linux AppStore, Digg-like news aggregation and location-based
| support.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/23837/1143/

Linux.com to Bring “Social Web” To Linux Geeks?

,----[ Quote ]
| If you care about Linux in anyway, you probably heard that The Linux
| Foundation has bought Linux.com from Sourceforge. The domain is in the
| forefront in representing Linux and it’s community, and The Linux Foundation
| has promised us to bring newer and fresher ideas to a domain that is used to
| give us Linux related articles only.
`----

http://hehe2.net/linux-general/linuxcom-to-bring-social-web-to-linux-geeks/

The seven best Linux Foundation contest videos

,----[ Quote ]
| The winning designer will get a free trip to Tokyo, Japan to participate in
| the Linux Foundation Japan Linux Symposium in October 2009. The Linux
| Foundation doesn't have the money for a major, or for that matter even a
| minor, television advertising campaign. But, at the very least, the winning
| ad will get some news and online exposure for both the winner and Linux.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_seven_best_linux_foundation_contest_videos

Recent:

Linux Foundation has bought Linux.com

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has long wanted the Linux.com domain name for obvious
| reasons. For a long time SourceForge, formerly VA Linux Systems, kept the
| site, but the company has now sold Linux.com to the Foundation.
|
| Sources close to the deal say that the deal was made because, -- an all too
| familiar story these days -- the company needed the money. SourceForge, had,
| in addition to its well-known open-source eponymous code Web site, been in
| the media business. In December 2008, however, the company laid off the bulk
| of its NewsForge editorial staff. NewsForge was hosted at Linux.com. The
| Linux.com site then became something of a placeholder site, which held only a
| discussion forum.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/linux_foundation_has_bought_linux_com

Linux Foundation to Build New Linux.com Community

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-03-2009/0004982294&EDATE=
http://tinyurl.com/bcnc8x

"We're Linux" - Linux Foundation video contest

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/122367