Re: [News] Linux 2.6.29 Out Very Shortly -- Here's What's Inside

After takin' a swig o' grog, Doctor Smith belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

>> Kernel Log: What's new in 2.6.29 - Part 6: Storage, IDE/PATA, SCSI
>
> It's good to see Linux finally supports state of the art hard disks.

   http://www.h-online.com/open/Kernel-Log-What-s-new-in-2-6-29-Part-6-Storage-IDE-PATA-SCSI--/news/112832

   These changes are unlikely to have any major effects on most users, as
   most current Linux distributions have predominantly used the Libata
   subsystem's drivers for parallel and serial ATA (SATA) adapters for quite
   some time. The Libata-based PATA drivers introduced with 2.6.19 are,
   therefore, by now likely to have undergone considerably better testing
   than their essentially older IDE counterparts, ...

Looks like all the trolls are aspiring to DFS-ness now.

Blatant lying by omission.

--
"As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and
I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life -- so I became a scientist.