Re: [News] Linux 2.6.29 Out Very Shortly -- Here's What's Inside

  this bit o' wisdom:

> Richard Stallman looks back at 25 years of the GNU project
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| On September 27, 1983, Richard M. Stallman announced his intention to found
>| the GNU project in order to build a free operating system. Now, 25 years
>| later, the Free Software Foundation is marking the anniversary of the
>| announcement with a month-long celebration. Looking back at the last quarter
>| century, Stallman expresses some guarded satisfaction with the growth of the
>| free software movement, but also some bemusement about how it has grown more
>| complex as it has faced new challenges from within and without, and an
>| awareness of how far it still has to go to reach its goals.
> `----
>
> http://www.linux.com/feature/147983

   These are all large issues, and Stallman's voice sounds faintly surprised
   as he looks back at the history of GNU. "It looks like I did a whole lot
   of fairly effective things back then," he says. "But, in a sense, things
   have got harder since then. Back then, all we had to do was write
   programs."

Sigh.

--
Many a family tree needs trimming.