Re: OLPC Moves to ARM. Farewell, Windows XP?

After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Tim Smith wrote:
>
>>Hint: they have computers in third world countries.  Many of their
>>educators use computers, and are familiar with the available educational
>>software, and know most of it is designed for Windows.
>
> Yes, but that's not saying too much.  The world is getting more
> net-centric all the time.  I can't think of a single advantage of
> locally-installed "educational software" over net-based,
> browser-enabledsoftware.  Indeed, the advantages of net-based are
> many.

One of the big points of the XO running Linux is the mesh network,
and the collaborative Sugar applications on the XO.

--
You have a will that can be influenced by all with whom you come in contact.