[News] Fedora 10 with KDE 4.2 Looking Good, Working Well

Linux Fedora KDE 10: First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| As you have seen, I have only graced the surface of Fedora 10.  It really it
| is not that hard to use since the interface is very Windows-like.  If you
| want to try it in your machine, get the Live CD first so you can check it out
| without touching your actual system setup.
`----

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/software-reviews/linux-fedora-kde-10-review/

Recent:

Thunderbird 3 Coming To Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 11 is reaching an impressive number of accepted features. Beyond
| introducing Intel and NVIDIA kernel mode-setting, Nouveau becoming the
| default NVIDIA driver, and a new volume control interface, there will be a
| plethora of package updates. Fedora 11 will have available Xfce 4.6, GNOME
| 2.26, and KDE 4.2 for the desktops.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzEwNQ

Fedora 11 Will Have An Incredible Number Of New Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 10, an amazing Fedora release in its own right, had 28 approved
| features. Fedora 9 had 30 and Fedora 8 had 21.
|
| As of writing this Fedora 11 has 51 which have already been approved, plus
| another 9 waiting to be approved any day now. That means in the end there
| should be ~60 approved features which make it into Fedora 11! This doesn’t
| even count the work going into external things such as overhauling the
| documentation or the community work going into the Moksha project.
`----

http://californiaquantum.wordpress.com/2009/02/28/fedora-11-will-have-an-incredible-number-of-new-features/
http://tinyurl.com/cdut8w

Fedora 10 regains Linux fans

,----[ Quote ]
| I know personally, I'm been very impressed by Fedora 10. This edition of
| Fedora is the first one in years to have won a long-term place on my Linux
| desktop line-up in my office/lab. While I have over two-dozen computers that
| I use for evaluations, that still isn't enough. So I only keep operating
| systems around that I think are either truly useful or matter to many users.
| Fedora makes it on both accounts.
|
| I suspect too that Red Hat, which is re-entering the Linux desktop market,
| has been working hard to improve Fedora as a desktop system for the last few
| months. From where I sit, it's certainly Red Hat's best desktop in years.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/fedora_10_regains_linux_fans

Red Hat Fedora Linux 10 nears 1 million user mark

,----[ Quote ]
| When combined with other actively used Fedora distributions as of Feb 16,
| 2009, Fedora's counting method reports 12,188,598 Fedora Linux installations
| across Fedora 7,8,9 and 10 releases.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/02/red-hat-fedora-linux-10-nears.html

Fedora Users Gather In Berlin for LinuxTag And Fedora 11 Development

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project, a Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) sponsored and community-supported
| open source collaboration project, announced today that the Fedora Project
| will host the Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) between June
| 26-28, 2009 in Berlin, Germany. FUDCon is a periodically held, community
| event where the Fedora community meets to discuss and collaborate on cutting
| edge technology features that eventually become part of the next release of
| the Fedora platform.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090225005263&newsLang=en

Red Hat returns to the Linux desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Does this mean that Red Hat will be getting back into the Linux desktop
| business? That's the question I posed to Red Hat CTO Brian Stevens, in a
| phone call after the Red Hat/KVM press conference, and he told me that, "Yes.
| Red Hat will indeed be pushing the Linux desktop again."
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/red_hat_returns_to_the_linux_desktop

Nouveau Becomes The Default Driver In Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Among a horde of other features to be introduced with Fedora 11 (a.k.a.
| Leonidas), the Nouveau driver will become the default NVIDIA driver on this
| Red Hat distribution.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzA4Ng

Video: FUDCon F11