[News] Early Review of Ubuntu 9.04 (Alpha)

Another Look at Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, Ubuntu 9.04 is shaping up to be a promising new release.   Combined
| with improvements on the backend like ext4 as a file-system option, the
| updates to Jaunty’s look will make Ubuntu a more efficient and attractive
| operating system.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/03/08/previewing-ubuntu-904-alpha-5/

Recent:

Taking Ubuntu 9.04 Out For A Spin

,----[ Quote ]
| The best thing I noticed about Ubuntu 9.04 so far is how fast it is. The
| developers weren’t lying when they talked about speed, this thing is FAST.
| Even though I installed it on an older machine, you wouldn’t notice it
| because even with an older processor, Jaunty is probably the most responsive
| version I’ve ever used.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=215

Jaunty Alpha 5 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to Jaunty Jackalope Alpha-5, which will in time become Ubuntu 9.04.
|
| Pre-releases of Jaunty are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a stable
| system or anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even
| frequent breakage.  They are, however, recommended for Ubuntu developers and
| those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing bugs.
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-February/000540.html

Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha 5 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The fifth alpha version of the upcoming Ubuntu 9.04 (codename Jaunty
| Jackalope) was uploaded a few minutes ago on the official mirrors. As usual,
| we've downloaded a copy of it in order to keep you up to date with the latest
| changes in the Ubuntu 9.04 development.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-Alpha-5-Screenshot-Tour-105539.shtml

Ubuntu 9.04's New Login Screen

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.04 is getting closer and closer to the final release and we thought
| that it would be nice to give you guys a sneak peek at some of the upcoming
| features. The new version of Ubuntu will be released in less than two months,
| on April 23rd, and it will be dubbed Jaunty Jackalope. One of these new
| features was introduced with tonight's updates and it is a brand new login
| screen a.k.a. GDM (GNOME Display Manager) theme, which is black and has a
| nice Ubuntu logo in the right bottom corner. The new login screen is
| entitled "Human" and it was created by Kenneth Wimer and Mat Tomaszewski for
| Canonical.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-039-s-New-Login-Screen-105319.shtml

Subtle Improvements In Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha 5

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzA5Mw