Re: [News] Vista 7 Stinks Badly on Sub-notebooks, GNU/Linux to Capitalise

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

math: Windows 7 + netbook = failure - GNU/Linux as remaining winner!
,----[ Quote ]
| Windows XP is basically gone, so an OEM license is worth 20 USD for a | manufacturer, no problem at all. Windows 7 for Netbooks is the same as all | other Windows 7 variants - no lean, light, vlighted, 7lited or whatever. Just | a Starter version like in Windows Vista which gives you the "power" to run | maximum 3 applications at the same time. Where again is the advantage? Oh | yes, now Windows 7 Starter crippled edition costs a bit more than 20 USD for | OEM, I would say around 99 USD after discounts, tax not included or did you | think MS stops earning money? `----

MS stops /earning/ money?  ...

MS stops /getting/ money? They never have gotten much money from Windows on netbooks.

Apparently this joker FANCOLLO thinks MS is going to charge the same for W7 on netbooks as they do on desktops. It is completely unrealistic, yet that is what he assumes.

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012288o-2000637757b,00.htm