Re: [News] Violent Microsoft Goons Attack Linux/Free Software Advocates (Not on the Internet)

After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 01:25:03 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Tempers Flare as Recession Creeps into Tech Industry
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "It's _____ ________ hippy freaks like you that are costing us our jobs. You
>>| got any idea how many people are getting pink slips because of your
>>| b_________? Every time you put that ____ on someone's computer, some guy
>>| trying to feed his family has to go home and tell his wife that he lost his
>>| job. How about I snatch that silly little ponytail and give you a tour of the
>>| parking lot?"
>> `----
>>
>> http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/03/tempers-flare-as-recession-creeps-into.html
>
> Umm.. read the story.  It wasn't the other guy that was violent, it was the
> Linux guy.
>
> From the blog:
>
> "I am the only one of the two that did not involuntarily leave his feet
> that day."
>
> So, please, tell me how the "Microsoft Goon" did the attacking when the
> only one to throw a punch was the linux guy?

This is how:

   We made contact just under the edge of the canopy. I say "we" made
   contact...the initial contact was his right index finger stabbing into my
   chest.

   "It's _____ ________ hippy freaks like you that are costing us our jobs.
   You got any idea how many people are getting pink slips because of your
   b_________? Every time you put that ____ on someone's computer, some guy
   trying to feed his family has to go home and tell his wife that he lost
   his job. How about I snatch that silly little ponytail and give you a
   tour of the parking lot?"

   The veins in his temples were at critical mass and he physically spit as
   he screamed at me in front of his van.

That's assault.  I don't know if the finger poking is considered battery.

Boy, you sure have an odd idea of what constitutes "non-violence", Erik.

I didn't realize that Microsoft Tiger Training had progressed /that/ far.

--
arachnoleptic fit, n.:
	The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked