[News] Gallery of Good GNU/Linux Games

25 Top 3D Linux Games

,----[ Quote ]
| One of CHIP-India’s forum members, Sujith Poojari had posted a link to 25 Top
| 3D games for Linux. Some of them I’ve already played like Armagetron
| Advanced, BZFlag, Sauerbraten, Scorched 3D, TORCS while some others unknown
| to me, such as Racer(been playing it recently, good graphics! controls need
| refinement though), PlaneShift etc. So enjoy these games and have a blast!
`----

http://sathyasays.com/2008/01/12/25-top-3d-linux-games/

Recent:

Another Game Being Ported To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Albeit an "Indie game", Caster is being ported to Linux. This announcement
| was made on our very own forums. This game will be available at the same
| price as the Windows and Mac OS X ports: $9.99 USD. More details will be made
| available soon.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzA4MQ

Top 10 best open source games

,----[ Quote ]
| 1.)  Tremulous – This is hugely popular open source title, being downloaded
| millions of times since its inception in 2006.  Tremulous is a team-based
| first-person shooter with real-time strategy elements as well.  The game is
| very similar to Quake II and III, and was actually born out of the commercial
| modification of Quake III Arena.  The game-play is inspired the Quake II
| modification known as “Gloom.”  If you’re a fan of Quake, you’ll like
| Tremulous.  There’s already a huge development community and support
| structure in place, and it’s available on all major platforms – FreeBSD,
| Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
|
| 2.)  Netrek – This is another long-time favorite in the open source gaming
| genre.  It’s an Internet-based game that can be played by up to 16 players.
| The game can actually be classed as a hybrid multi-directional shooter and
| real time strategy game.  It combines “twitch” style
| action-game “dogfighting” with extensive team play and strategy.  The game is
| loosely based on Star Trek Universe, in which each player controls a
| starship, and has been under development continually since 1986 when it was
| created a successor to Xtrek.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2009/02/15/top-10-best-open-source-games/

Here’s to reaching the “Games for Linux” tipping point

,----[ Quote ]
| To get Games for Linux (no TM yet) we need to reach a tipping point, either
| on the side of Gamers which will convince the Publishers that there is a
| market, or on the side of Publishers which will allow enough gamers to try
| the OS out without much gaming withdrawal. Lets hope that the results for the
| WoG experiment will be another small push towards that point.
`----

http://dbzer0.com/blog/heres-to-reaching-the-games-for-linux-tipping-point

World of Goo Linux Version is Ready!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux version of World of Goo is finally ready for download! It’s
| available exclusively from our site, in three different packages depending on
| what your computer likes. (tar.gz, deb, rpm)
`----

http://2dboy.com/2009/02/12/world-of-goo-linux-version-is-ready/

Linux Gets Gooey on Friday The 13th

,----[ Quote ]
| We now get the chance to do what we say we are going to do. It's been coming
| for a long time...now it's here. The "big boys" won't give us games...the
| little guys will. It's time to say thank you.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/02/linux-gets-gooey-on-friday-13th.html

Related:

QuakeWars for Linux to Be Released Soon