Re: More ARM Sub-notebooks Refrences Designs (Linux Only)

On Mar 1, 9:55 pm, Hadron <hadronqu...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> unionpe...@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> >> So the one 'serious data integrity' problem (not problems) was fixed 7
> >> months ago.
>
> >> You just claimed it still has them.  Prove it.
>
> > Perhaps the timing and location of my post in this thread misled you.
> > I claim that Windows sludgeware is too unreliable to sit quietly out
> > of sight as a closet server.  MS products need too many updates.  And
> > here you are proudly proclaiming it was updated 7 months ago.
>
> > I have no numbers on this, but how many updates for the home server
> > have there been?  If its more than one, they are stuffing too much
> > functionality into the box.  Does it phone home?  Is it part of the
> > weekly update cycle that desktops participate in?  Will they add DRM
> > to the box?  Why on earth should I ever trust them _not_ to?
>
> Do you have ANY idea how many updates there are for Linux too? Check
> your security updates. You might be surprised.

Yes.  I do.  And the updates for Linux or Windows is not a big issue
for these mainframes on a desktop that require frequent attention.
That does not cut it for a server in the closet.  Do you have ANY idea
how useful, usable, safe a two year old Knoppix CD-ROM is?  Even the
huge and overbuilt Linux distros can survive without updates.