Re: [News] New Wine Released -- Safari Runs in GNU/Linux

On 2009-03-01, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> Run Safari 4 Beta on Linux with Wine
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The latest eye-candy beta of Safari was released earlier this week for
>| Windows and Mac, but Linux users can now (mostly) use Safari 4 using the Wine
>| compatibility tool.
> `----
>
> http://lifehacker.com/5161733/run-safari-4-beta-on-linux-with-wine

Now, why would I want to do that? I already run the best browser on the
planet, Firefox. Even my son uses Firefox fulltime on both Mac and
linux. And the lovely and gracious Mrs. Midget uses Firefox at least
50% of the time over Safari. What could there possibly be about Safari
that would make me want to play Mactard with Wine?

Ooh! Ooh! I bet it's that "consistent" UI the fanbois keep yammering on
about.

--
DCLXVI: The Roman numeral of the Beast