Re: [News] Review: Simply Mepis 8 is Fantastic

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Simply Mepis 8 is Finally Here
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In summary, I am extremely pleased with this version of Simply Mepis. It
> | is rock solid, easy to use and easy to maintain. I must not forget to
> | give credit to the guys from the MEPISlovers forums who worked
> | tirelessly producing quality artwork, giving valuable input to Warren.
> | My hat is off to everyone who had a hand in making this distribution the
> | excellent product it is.
> `----
>
> http://preacherpen.wordpress.com/2009/02/27
simply-mepis-8-is-finally-here/

I converted Mepis 8 live CD iso to boot on 1Gb SD Card with syslinux and it
booted just fine on the Asus EEE. What was fantastic is the boot speed and
then the general speed of the OS whenever you activated a menu.

Its astonishing that so much can be packed into a smal distro and still
have great performance.