Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 30th of May, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 30th of May, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 09:00:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 763 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     355 1329718     2%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        62   48481    67%
   3. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        38   75492    34%
   4. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          32   16914    55%
   5. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   25   88321    19%
   6. Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                22   36442    36%
   7. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         20   28612    16%
      wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>               20   28559    74%
      Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            20   24796    27%
  10. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      18   18162    66%
  11. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  17   13195    54%
  12. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    16    5960    69%
  13. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          14   20482    51%
  14. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           13   15228    36%
  15. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          12   11361    59%
  16. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       11    8346    72%
  17. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  9   23042    54%
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx    9   20348     0%
  19. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                   7   10333    42%
  20. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                             6   10883    87%
  21. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                4    1039    12%
  22. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        3    2796    87%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3    2453    74%
  24. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      2    1258    91%
      Nick Ballard <nrballard@xxxxxxxxx>                 2    4188    57%
      GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                       2    2878    90%
      karthikbalaguru <karthikbalaguru79@xxxxxxxxx>      2     696    46%
      Rockinghorse Winner <RH@xxxxxxxx>                  2   10339     0%
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       2    2938    43%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               2    3775    76%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Software installation in Linux is difficult              56   48846
   2. [News] New Ubuntu Gecko EduBook Netbook powered by       30   26769
   3. [News] Possible Record for Java Programming, New G       24   29480
      Hey, Terry....                                           24   25048
      [News] [Rival] Windows Vista So Horrible That Micr       24   50319
   6. [News] 20 Years of Microsoft Anticompetitive Behav       16  125665
   7. Summer's first Linux netbook                             15   15073
      What is an Internet Troll?                               15   25667
   9. [News] Internet Explorer 8 Still Breaks the Web, A       12   15246
  10. Linux gaining Desktop share by the day                   11   13576
  11. [News] K Desktop Environment 4.3 Looking Good, GNO       10   33678
  12. Bill Gates Don't Know Nuttin'                             9   16007
  13. Ubuntu                                                    8    7794
      A battle over deposing Bill Gates                         8   15218
      Microsofts Holodeck patent "To boldly blow.."             8    8908
  16. Linux destroying micoshaft 3% every quarter               7   12904
      [OT] What is 'astroturf'                                  7    3067
      Malware Found On Brand-New Windows Netbook                7    6790
      Flattery is the sincerest form of wit                     7    4589
  20. [News] The Sun Only Powers GNU/Linux                      6    6348
      [News] Claim: The Guardian Dumps Microsoft Office         6    4358
  22. [News] New Sub-notebooks to Cost $176 and Run GNU/        5    3474
      When all else fails, change the name                      5    6779
      memset is preferred over bzero ?                          5    2070
      Microsoft loses NZ Windows government deal                5    5941
      [News] Hahahahahahaha!                                    5    3085
      [News] MAFIAA Attacks Children, Professor Accuses         5   13961
  28. [News] Nokia N900 Looks Great and Runs GNU/Linux          4    5992
      Ubuntu User                                               4    1428
      [News] Bill Gates Uses Malaria ('Charity') to Atta        4    2873
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     48
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       26
   3. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         17
   4. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        13
   5. Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               12
   6. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 10
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     10
   8. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                               9
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           9
  10. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        8
  11. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            7
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       7
  13. Tony Smith Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                   6
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          6
  15. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 5
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          5
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           5
  18. Joel <joel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       4
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    4
  20. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                         3
      Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                  3
      Nick Ballard <nrballard@xxxxxxxxx>                                3
      karthikbalaguru <karthikbalaguru79@xxxxxxxxx>                     3
  24. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            2
      GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                      2
  26. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       1
      Duke Robillard <duke@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 1
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              1
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               1
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    151
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        75
   3. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       74
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          74
   5. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           71
   6. Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               68
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          68
   8. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       67
   9. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                 65
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         65
  11. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         64
  12. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 63
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        63
  14. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                62
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         62
  16. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   60
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     60
  18. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                              59
  19. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      58
  20. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           54
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           456
   2. slrn                                                            130
   3. Thunderbird                                                      81
   4. tin                                                              32
   5. Pan                                                              24
   6. Forte Agent                                                      16
   7. G2/1.0                                                           15
   8. XPN                                                               4
   9. Microhard Lookout                                                 2
      nn/6.6.4+RFC1522                                                  2
  11. Mozilla                                                           1
      40tude_Dialog                                                     1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:18 up 1 day, 12:58,  2 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.06, 0.02