Re: Film "Starwreck in the Pirkinning" uses XP for its main computer!

Verily I say unto thee, that Terry Porter spake thusly:
> This is a quite funny Star Trek fan movie, very well done, and free
> to download.
>
> If you watch it, when the big starship 'reboots' after firing the
> main gun consumes all power on board, pause over the computer screen
> and have a look at what it says during the restart sequence ...
>
> AMI BIOS 6.6 Genuine Wintel XP Pro Processor at 21500 Ghz

I think the "SPLORF!!!!" really belongs here. "Wintel" indeed ... as if
it being a computer automatically means it /must/ be installed with the
Microslop from Redmond.

> Base Memory Size: 640 KB      <---- SPLORF!!!!

That's a BIOS thing, Terry, and entirely OS agnostic. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conventional_memory

As for the actual film:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-725105947005153945

Starring "Mr. Fukov" and "Ensign Shitty". LOL!

The Finns have a sense of humour. Who knew?

Actually, the film's genesis is rather interesting. Apparently it's
another in a long line of well received Trekkie fan-films from this
group of Finnish amateurs, which has even been aired on TV and then
released on DVD! The license is the Creative Commons (by-nc-nd), so
it seems that it is quite feasible to release media content under a
permissive license *and* make money, just like selling GPL licensed
software, thus proving, yet again, that Free Software (in the wider
sense of the word "Software") is not in contradiction to capitalism
... it's just in contradiction to /monopolisation/. Of course, this
makes perfect sense, as monopolisation is anti-capitalist.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 21:41:13 up 1 day,  1:39,  2 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.03, 0.00