[News] Good-looking Media Centre and Terminal for GNU/Linux

Elisa Media Center Gets a New Look and a New Name -- Moovida

,----[ Quote ]
| Elisa Media Center has been one of those projects that I really want to like
| and has almost been there for a long time. It did a lot of cool stuff and did
| it simply, without the need to rip out or supplement core technologies in
| your existing Gnome desktop. I kept trying it, but it always lacked something
| that I really wanted, so I would give it up after a few hours. It continued
| to move forward quickly, though.
`----

http://blog.ibeentoubuntu.com/2009/05/elisa-media-center-gets-new-look-and.html

Pimp up your Terminal with Guake and Yakuake

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're wondering whether Guake and Yakuake are Polynesian happy mushrooms,
| you're a bit off mark. These are Linux command line terminals, modified to
| behave like the console in the popular First Person Shooter (FPS) Quake.
| Hence, the funny names.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/guake-yakuake.html

Recent:

Elisa - A Great Open Media Center

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently installed and started using open source Elisa Media Center. Its a
| great little media player that works wonderfully well with all my media types
| for video, music, dvd and photos. It even connects to the internet and
| imports media from websites like youtube and flickr.
`----

http://xenstreet.com/2009/03/elisa-great-open-media-center.html

Related:

Elisa 0.3.3 turns Linux into a movie theater

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers at Fluendo have been working on an open-source, cross-platform
| media center application called Elisa. Version 0.3.3, which was released last
| week, includes a complete user interface overhaul that dramatically improves
| usability.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/01/22/elisa-0-3-3-turns-linux-into-a-movie-theater
http://tinyurl.com/2dkf4t

Review: Elisa media center

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluendo's Elisa is a free software media center application that can
| play your DVDs, video files, music, and pictures. Since it is designed
| for extensibility, Elisa has the potential to do much more. It does
| not handle television or video recording functions, but it is a
| slick and promising project.
`----

http://servers.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/04/1955225

Elisa [Short Introduction]