[News] Windows Vista Beaten by Ubuntu GNU/Linux

How Ubuntu Saved A Dell Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| I downloaded the latest Ubuntu Linux (9.04). Booted from the live CD. Backed
| up the documents. Installed Ubuntu. Restored the documents.
|
| The machine now runs much faster than Vista did.
`----

http://schuller.id.au/2009/05/26/how-ubuntu-saved-a-dell-laptop/

Recent:

Dell Studio XPS 13 with Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell have certainly been showing Ubuntu some much needed attention over the
| last few months, and now they have decided to offer a Linux-based operating
| system on their new Dell Studio XPS 13 notebook, this is one of their hottest
| items at the moment.
`----

http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/05/26/dell-studio-xps-13-with-ubuntu-linux/

Dell now offering Studio XPS 13 with Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell's been showing Ubuntu lots of love over the past few months, so it's no
| real shock to see the Linux-based operating system slide on over to Dell's
| hottest (literally and figuratively) 13-incher. The Studio XPS 13 can now be
| ordered with Ubuntu 8.10 or 7.04 right from the factory, though it seems
| you'll be forced to upgrade to Jaunty Jackalope once the rig hits your
| doorstep. Ah well, you won't find us kvetching over added options, so we'll
| just pencil on a smile and raise a glass to diversity at Round Rock.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/24/dell-now-offering-studio-xps-13-with-ubuntu/

One Third of Dell Inspiron Mini 9s Sold Run Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/one-third-of-dell-inspiron-mini-9s-sold-run-linux