Re: Every one of you Linux "advocates" should shun and repudiate Spamowitz

Hadron wrote:
philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

DFS wrote:
philo wrote:

When I turn on my computer and go to use it...
I want things to work.

That's why I use Linux

not sure why one's choice of OS has to be a political war?

Because of bullshit claims like you just made. Your implication is Windows (and MacOS) doesn't work, which is a huge lie.

LOL

you were the one who made the implications, not me.

Err, no. You did. It#s even in the text above where you said (and I
quote) :

,----

`----

Arguing about what OS one prefers is like arguing:

"Which is better, a 10mm wrench or a screw driver?"

Kind of depends on what you are doing

Very true. In some ways.

But most people dont give a shit - they just want the apps they know to
work. And the apps they know and use are Windows ones albeit a good few
of them cross platform OSS.

Correct.

As I said, I use Linux because I want things to work.

What that implies to me is: "So I don't have to."

If I used a MAC, though the OS may work fine...

I'd have to *really* work to pay of it.

My Linux machine cost next to nothing.

Does Windows work?

>>>Well, XP does work, sure...but I have to do a bit of work to keep it working well.

OTOH: Vista?  Don't think that works very well at all.