Re: Every one of you Linux "advocates" should shun and repudiate Spamowitz

On Wed, 27 May 2009 19:35:51 -0500, Sinister Midget III wrote:

> On 2009-05-27, RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>
>> Are there actually people who say you don't need virus and spyware
>> checkers for Windows? "Skewed in their thinking" should be translated
>> as "delusional."
>
> Most or all of the Windummies here make that very claim. They may take
> issue with the wording (such as claiming instead that they *personally*
> haven't had problems and don't use those things - equally laughable).
> But that is the definite message they're trying to spread.
>
> Then there used to be an MVP in one of the XP groups that would state
> point blank that people didn't need those things. I can't recall his
> name now. Might have been something like DuFuS or (p)RickyBobby.

I've guess I've missed that. I would get spybots simply by updating XP.
Install XP, install AVG, install Mozilla, run AVG (no issues), update XP,
run AVG, 46 spybots. All supposed to be "harmless" but still an
intrusion. Gee, I wonder where I got them?

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"