Re: [News] Internet Explorer 8 Still Breaks the Web, Angers Designers

"Ezekiel" <there@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> "Andrew Halliwell" <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Never mind the fact that the HTML page of the wordpress dashboard isn't
>>> valid HTML (or XHTML), and nevermind the fact that the CSS generated has
>>> more 230 errors.  No, of course, it's IE's fault that invalid markup and
>>> styles don't work properly.
>>>
>>> Yeah, right.
>>
>> It's IE's fault they were invalid in the first place, if that's what you
>> mean. All those webpages designed just to satisfy the borked
>> standardbreaker
>> that was IE6. IE6 is responsible for almost all website crimes against
>> HTML.
>
> Have you ever considered posting something that's based on actual fact
> instead of simply parroting the Schestowitz party line?

He thinks his .sig somehow lends credence to his clueless trumpetting
and moral pronouncements.

Mind you, MS need DO a kick in the arse regarding Web Standards.

I have dabbled in xhtml recently and, well, it doesn't work properly
because of the damn MS browsers. Ditto for CSS - what should be an
elegant format layer turns into a hack mess because of IE not plying by
the rules. Not that the others browsers do 100% either - but MS are by
far the worst.

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to