[News] Linux and Free Software Events Coming: FreedomHEC, Red Hat Open Source Forum

  • Subject: [News] Linux and Free Software Events Coming: FreedomHEC, Red Hat Open Source Forum
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 22:08:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Taiwan open source conference sets agenda

,----[ Quote ]
| An agenda has been posted for the FreedomHEC Taipei open source conference in
| Taiwan. Scheduled for June 10-11, the conference focuses on embedded hardware
| running open source Linux, and includes presentations on Linux fast-boot
| technology, GPL licensing, the Qi bootloader, and Coreboot.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8928401338.html?kc=rss

Red Hat Open Source Forum

,----[ Quote ]
| The Red Hat Open Source Forum will explore how to carve out costs with open
| source technologies in the current economic climate. Taking place in London
| on 16 June, 2009, the full day conference, for IT professionals will feature
| testimony from Red Hat partners and customers on the benefits provided by
| open source solutions.
`----

http://irishdev.com/Home/Events/Article.html?id=273

Recent:

Grodno to host Linux Vacation/Eastern Europe 2009 International Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| Grodno will host the international conference of free software developers
| Linux Vacation/Eastern Europe 2009, Gleb Rubanov, one of the organizers of
| the event, told BelTA.
`----

http://law.by/work/EnglPortal.nsf/0/10A2B99BBD2252A1C22575B5004DA798?OpenDocument

Penguicon 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| This year I went to a convention known as Penguicon.  It is a convention
| where you can dress up as your favorite anime/Star Wars/ or whatever you want
| to dress up as...if at all.  I choose the scariest costume that I can muster.
| ME.  Ok stop running for that window, get back in your chair and read on.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/penguicon_2009/

InternetNZ supports Australasian Linux Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| InternetNZ (Internet New Zealand Inc) is pleased to announce its leading
| sponsorship of Linux.conf.au 2010 (LCA2010).
|
| The annual Linux.conf.au conference will be held in January 2010 in
| Wellington - the second time it has been held in New Zealand. It will bring
| together local and international open source practitioners who contribute to
| the Linux operating system and numerous other open source projects. Linux
| creator Linus Torvalds regularly attends this event.
`----

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0905/S00267.htm

Linux Audio Update

,----[ Quote ]
| This conference is a key "meeting of the minds" for Linux audio developers
| and users. Represented projects included Csound, the Q programming language,
| Pure Data (Pd), netjack and many others. Former conferences have been
| characterized by an abundance of fine conversation, music, food and wine, and
| reports indicate that organizer Fons Adriaensen maintained the tradition in
| excellent style. Judging from the quality of the papers I've read and the
| videos I've watched, LAC2009 appears to have been another successful event.
| As far as I know, the date and location of LAC2010 have not been formally
| announced, although Utrecht has been mentioned as a likely candidate.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-audio-update

Microsoft Cancels 2009 BI Conference, Schedules It For Every Two Years

,----[ Quote ]
| Citing the recession and cutbacks in travel budgets, Microsoft has canceled
| this year's October Microsoft BI Conference, according to a posting on the
| company's Web site blog.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/217000139;jsessionid=CNK2VEB0UQI3SQSNDLPCKHSCJUNN2JVN

Related: