[News] Great Review of Truly Free (Libre) Ubuntu GNU/Linux

Review: gNewSense Version 2.2

,----[ Quote ]
| gNewSense Version 2.2 (pronounced “guh-new-sense”) Code name DeltaH - Origin
| Ireland, started by and continues to be maintained by bbrazil and ompaul. A
| live Distribution. Gnome: 2.22.3 Build Date 2008.07.31 – Debian 5.0 Lenny is
| 2.22.3 Build Date 2008.09.18. gNewSense is a pure 100% Free Software Ubuntu
| base GNU/Linux sponsored by the Free Software Foundation and it does not
| contain any proprietary licence code; therefore it is completely legally
| distributable. gNewSense is a great Operating System.
|
| [...]
|
| Conclusion – almost everything worked right of the disk. Using most of the
| applications contained in this release worked without any problems. Memory
| sticks were accessed quickly, I burned an *.iso to disk and listen to a Music
| CD. I like the idea of gNewSense free from non-free software – I joined the
| Free Software Foundation. Is it newbie ready, well I'm a new Linux user and I
| got it up and running – easy as abc's.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/review_gnewsense_version_22/

Recent:

The Freedom Maintainers Rocking Ahead

,----[ Quote ]
| How far, then, has gNewSense come? According to Paul’s message, one of the
| main goals of the project was to prove two points:
|
|    1. That Free software works
|    2. That non-free software “can bite you hard and should not be run”
`----

http://www.siltala.net/2009/05/10/the-freedom-maintainers-rocking-ahead/

gNewSense 2.2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| This release features the return of 3D acceleration -- as free software.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/gnewsense-2.2-released

Enter gNewSense - the free Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]