[News] New User Special of Linux Outlaws and New Linux.com

Linux Outlaws 92 - New User Special

,----[ Quote ]
| MP3 - 1 hour 14 minutes 20 seconds, 34.0 MB, Ogg Vorbis version here — you
| can also download all our episodes in both MP3 and Ogg Vorbis format from the
| Outlaw Archives.
`----

http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/92

The New Linux.com: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, Linux.com is a great resource for the Linux community. It
| connects people, it spreads information about upcoming events, and provides
| information from all aspects of the Linux world
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2009/05/17/the-new-linux-com-a-review/

Recent:

Linux Foundation has bought Linux.com

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has long wanted the Linux.com domain name for obvious
| reasons. For a long time SourceForge, formerly VA Linux Systems, kept the
| site, but the company has now sold Linux.com to the Foundation.
|
| Sources close to the deal say that the deal was made because, -- an all too
| familiar story these days -- the company needed the money. SourceForge, had,
| in addition to its well-known open-source eponymous code Web site, been in
| the media business. In December 2008, however, the company laid off the bulk
| of its NewsForge editorial staff. NewsForge was hosted at Linux.com. The
| Linux.com site then became something of a placeholder site, which held only a
| discussion forum.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/linux_foundation_has_bought_linux_com

The Linux Foundation Unveils and Re-Launches Linux.com

,----[ Quote ]
| There's one little domain name out there that's had a wild ride this year. In
| January, a rather cryptic post went up on Linux.com, a SourceForge web
| property, that said updates had been slowing -- and were as of that point
| ceasing -- because changes were in the works. Then came the silence on the
| wire.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/the-linux-foundation-unveils-and-re-launches-linux-com

Related: