[News] Linux Graphics Projects Are Reborn

The Linux VGA Arbiter Has Been Revived

,----[ Quote ]
| Tiago Vignatti has announced he has revived work on the VGA Arbiter for Linux
| and will be attempting to push this code upstream in the Linux kernel, just
| four years after this arbitration code was first hashed out.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzI3MQ

Beryl back from the ashes

,----[ Quote ]
| You might be interested that over a weekend a mate and myself introduced
| Beryl back in to the fold. This is a direct result of our frustration of how
| bloated Compiz has become and is becoming more of a fashion thing rather than
| functional for having multiple desktops.
`----

http://dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cyberorg/2009/05/15/beryl-back-from-the-ashes/

OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 State Trackers For Gallium3D

,----[ Quote ]
| Just minutes after announcing Mesa 7.5 Release Candidate 2, Brian Paul has
| announced that he is in the process of pushing out Gallium3D state trackers
| for OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0. These two new state trackers for this
| forthcoming Linux graphics architecture are coming just two weeks after an
| OpenVG state tracker was released for accelerating this other Khronos API.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzI3Mw

Related:

howto enhance your workflow with beryl - part I

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=92

howto enhance your workflow with beryl

,----[ Quote ]
| Problem is, I spread my applications across all 4 desktops, so
| that things feel uncluttered when I'm working on an application.
| However, when you want to keep an eye on several applications at
| a time, it's impossible - except, if you have beryl. What I do
| is set one of the corners of my desktop to activate the scale
| plugin to show all windows from all desktops (see here for a
| more detailed explanation). I also make sure that it shows
| minimised windows.
`----

http://www.liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=101

Beryl an Easy Graphical Howto p1