[News] Linux Gaming Revisited and Multimedia Application Too

LGP History pt 1: How LGP came to be

,----[ Quote ]
| Back in the day, 1999, around august time to be exact, I was working for a
| fairly horrible company in London. I had been a beta tester on Loki’s
| Civilisation: Call to Power, but I couldn’t easily buy a copy from anywhere
| in the UK. Finally, a friend and I ordered it from the states. We waited
| weeks for the delivery, and finally a month or so after ordering, it arrived.
`----

http://blog.linuxgamepublishing.com/2009/05/15/lgp-history-pt-1-how-lgp-came-to-be/

aTunes: Amazing Cross-Platform Audio Player and Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| aTunes is a full-featured audio player and manager, developed in Java
| programming language, so it can be executed on different platforms: Windows,
| Linux and Unix-like systems.
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/05/atunes-amazing-cross-platform-audio.html

Recent:

aTunes: An Open-Source iTunes Alternative

,----[ Quote ]
| aTunes supports all popular media files, including MP3, OGG, WMA, WAV, FLAC,
| and more. It even supports those old Real media files that might still be
| sitting on your system from 1994. aTunes also supports Internet radio
| streams, so all of your favorite Shoutcast or Icecast stations will work
| through aTunes as well. The app is built on top of Mplayer's engine, so the
| app can play just about anything you throw at it, with the exception of
| DRM-protected media, so if you have downloads from iTunes or the Zune Store
| that are DRM protected, you'll have to fire up their respective apps to
| listen to them. Everything else though, including the DRM-free downloads from
| those services, will work in aTunes without a problem.
`----

http://www.appscout.com/2008/06/atunes_an_opensource_itunes_al_1.php

Related:

A Viable iTunes Clone for Linux