[News] GNU/Linux Has Many Viable Choices for Sub-notebooks

10 solid Linux distributions for your netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’ve purchased a netbook, you’re most likely looking at either Xandros
| Linux or some version of Windows. Although the Xandros operating system is a
| serviceable operating system, it always seems you are using an operating
| system hindered by hardware. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. There
| are plenty of flavors of Linux out there that can be installed on your
| netbook that will give you a similar (if not identical) experience to that of
| your standard laptop.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/10things/?p=729

Out goes Xandros… in comes Ubuntu

http://www.itpro.co.uk/blogs/davea/2009/05/14/out-goes-xandros-in-comes-ubuntu/

Recent:

Why Linux Will Crush Windows 7 on Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux versions of netbooks are already doing quite well and if Microsoft
| shoots itself in the foot by crippling its OS, the question becomes less
| about choosing between Windows and Linux and more about choosing between
| crippled and “just works.”
`----

http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/Why_Linux_Will_Crush_Windows_7_on_Netbooks

Hands on: Running Windows 7 on a netbook

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9132041