Re: [News] DRM and the Copyright Cartel Harm Disabled People

On Fri, 15 May 2009 00:48:30 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Kindle 2 vs Reading Disabled Students
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The Author’s Guild seeks not only to prevent further cultural
> participation | by reading-disabled people, but also to deny them the
> benefits of scientific | advancement by blocking an existing technology
> from performing its intended | role—and doing all this while demanding
> remuneration for a capability they | themselves have done nothing to
> promote. If this is how the Author’s Guild | wishes to treat those with
> reading disabilities—as freeloaders attempting to | abuse the “added
> value” of TTS—then I fear for the future of equal access. `----
>
> http://www.keionline.org/blogs/2009/05/13/kindle-2-vs-reading-disabled-
students/

I find this disturbing, but typical of the 'I'm-alright-jack' attitude of
people who give no thought for others not so fortunate.
This is fine, until they find themselves in that position. Then, they
wimper like stuck pigs.
Survival of the fittest - we live in troubled times, and the problem is
world-wide. Of course, those who do not have a disability /at the moment/
couldn't care less.

Tony(UK)