Re: [News] PC-BSD 7.1 Looks and Works Better Than Windows Vista?

Tony(UK) said the following on 2009-05-14 07:29:
On Thu, 14 May 2009 03:40:55 +0200, General Patron wrote:

What disadvantages of Linux does it "remove".

Please be specific.
It's not linux.

...and it is very hard work,

No, it took me 10 minutes to install last year on my desktop.

and hard freezes regularly (just like Linux is supposed to do but don't for me)

Then you haven't done a correct install, or you have crappy hardware.

and doesn't natively support my Samsung ML 2010 printer

Well no OS supports any printer natively.

It claims to be rock-solid

And it is, if you don't have crappy hardware which it sounds that you have. We have a few fbsd 4.11 machines that has been up since 2005.