Re: Gnote 0.3.1

On 2009-05-13, Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2009-05-12, Miguel de Icaza <miguel.de.icaza@xxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>
>>> I'm not going to get into all of the technical aspects of the whole
>>> thing because I don't claim to be knowledgeable about it all.
>>
>> You are not, as your posting shows.
>>
>>> I'm personally proactive. I eradicate every library, application or
>>> support structure on my system that has the slightest thing to do with
>>> MONO. .NET can stay out of my life completely, no matter what name it
>>> chooses to call itself.
>>
>> More power to you.
>
> Then you either agree that it isn't a case of trying to force anyone in
> a particular direction, or you have nothing to counter what I said
> concerning your claim of such.
>
> Which begs the question as to why you think someone personally being
> *against* something is tantamount to forcing someone else in a
> particular direction. That was how you phrased it.

If I could be a nazi about your use of sayings:

"Begging the question" doesn't mean what you think it means.

This is an example of the logical fallacy of begging the question:

"I hate jews... well, because they're jews!".

See, there's a circular reasoning which begs the question.

If you use "begs the question" as you have in your article then you are
using it incorrectly.

--
Regards,

Gregory.