[News] The Gangsters of Thomson Reuters Still Attack Free Software

Thomson Reuters Subpoenas Zotero Hacker Identities

,----[ Quote ]
| Zotero is a fantastic Firefox addon for reference management. Mozilla used to
| ship it as part of Firefox Campus Edition. Recently, they got sued by Thomson
| Reuters because Zotero 1.5 acquired the ability to convert citation-style
| files from their proprietary Endnote software. I have an SVN/Trac account
| there because I contributed a little bit, and I just got this email:
|
|     Dear Zotero Development Community Members,
|
|     First off, please allow me to apologize for clogging your inbox with this
|     unsolicited message, but I hope you'll understand that the severity of
|     the situation requires me to contact you. In its ongoing litigation with
|     George Mason University, Thomson Reuters has demanded that the university
|     produce contact information (name, email, and username) associated with
|     all two hundred eighty-six Zotero SVN/Trac accounts.
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/gerv/archives/2009/05/thomson_reuters_subpoenas_zotero_hacker.html

Recent:

Reuters Says George Mason University Is Handing Out Its Proprietary Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Thomson Reuters demands $10 million and an injunction to stop George Mason
| University from distributing its new Web browser application, Zotero
| software, an open-source format that allows users to convert Reuters' EndNote
| Software. Reuters claims George Mason is violating its license agreement and
| destroying the EndNote customer base.
`----

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/09/17/Reuters_Says_George_Mason_University_Is_Handing_Out_Its_Proprietary_Software.htm

Related:

Memo to Reuters: stop spreading FUD about Novell and Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9208&Itemid=1091