[News] Open Source Interviews with CTO of Funambol and PiTiVI's Edward Hervey

Interview with Stefano Fornari - CTO - Funambol

,----[ Quote ]
| In this interview we talk with Stefano the CTO of Funambol. In specific, we
| talk about:
|
|     * Defining synchronization as a core technology for the future of mobile
|       computing
|     * The protocols underlying synchronization scenarios
|     * Various mechanisms used to initiate synchronization
|     * Characteristics of the open source community specific to mobility
|     * Conventions that govern contributors and contributions
|     * Core technical problems in synchronization
`----

http://howsoftwareisbuilt.com/2009/05/07/interview-with-stefano-fornari-cto-funambol/

Interview with Edward Hervey about the PiTiVI video editor

,----[ Quote ]
| My name's Edward Hervey I'm a half-french, half-scot living in Barcelona and
| am one of the founding partners of Collabora Multimedia. I have been using
| Linux and Free Software since around 1995 but only started contributing in
| 2003 when I finally had enough programming skills to start working on PiTiVi.
| For several years I concentrated mostly on the GStreamer multimedia framework
| and plugins in order to get them to a decent level for video-editing and am
| still actively doing that.
`----

http://gnomedesktop.org/node/4082

Recent:

Funambol Expands Globally to Meet Worldwide Demand for Open Source Push Email &
Mobile Sync

,----[ Quote ]
| Funambol, the leading provider of open source push email and mobile sync for
| the mass market, today announced it has closed its fifth consecutive quarter
| of growth after signing several major new customers in the past three months.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Funambol-Expands-Globally-Meet-Worldwide/story.aspx?guid=%7B16481D13-F049-4ECF-A85A-89F39A4C7ADB%7D

Open Source SaaS Collaboration Solution Provides Push Email and Cloud-Based
Mobile Sync for 1.5 Billion Smartphones and Feature Phones

,----[ Quote ]
| The Funambol connector for Open-Xchange Hosting Edition enables push email
| and mobile sync of contacts, calendars and tasks with virtually all common
| wireless phones on the market.

Funambol Launches New Community Forge for Mobile Open Source Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| “The new Funambol Forge is the result of the tremendous growth of the
| Funambol community, that has seen the number of Funambol downloads exceed two
| million,” commented Stefano Maffulli, new community manager at Funambol.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/open-source/articles/28633-funambol-launches-new-community-forge-mobile-open-source.htm

Related:

Funambol Helps New AGPLv3 Open Source License Gain Formal OSI Approval

,----[ Quote ]
| March 13, 2008 - Funambol, the leading provider of Mobile 2.0 messaging
| software powered by open source, today announced that the AGPLv3 has received
| formal approval by the Open Source Initiative (OSI). Funambol led the process
| of the license's approval by the OSI after adopting AGPLv3 in November. It
| was the first company to adopt the license, which closes the "ASP loophole".
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10466.html

AGPLv3 Keeps Open Source Vibrant in Age of SaaS

,----[ Quote ]
`----

https://fossbazaar.org/?q=content/agplv3-keeps-open-source-vibrant-age-saas