[News] [Rival] More Microsoft Layoffs Lead to Collapse of Divisions

Microsoft layoff details emerge

,----[ Quote ]
| More details are emerging today about the Microsoft groups affected, and
| spared, in the company's latest round of job cuts. The company isn't going
| into detail, but blogs and forums are providing plenty of evidence. Layoffs
| are reported to have taken place in groups including MSN Direct, the Massive
| in-game advertising unit, and MSDN Magazine, among others.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_layoff_details_emerge_44481927.html

Microsoft crimps products after second wave of job cuts

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is reining in several of its products following the company's
| second round of lay-offs that kicked off on Tuesday.
|
| [...]
|
| Similarly, MSN Direct - which provides weather, traffic and other services to
| devices such as in-car map systems - is also under review.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/05/07/microsoft_products_scaled_back/

Bill Hill, eBook champion, leaves Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| I keep thinking Microsoft must be going to jump into the eBook/reader market
| in some way, but so far haven’t heard anything that would back my intuition.
| As an avid Kindle user, I have to say I’ll be surprised if the Softies steer
| clear of this space….
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=2704

Recent:

Report: Microsoft Guts In-Game Advertising Unit In Layoffs

,----[ Quote ]
| Roughly seventy-five percent of the staff at Microsoft’s Massive in-game
| advertising unit was laid off in Tuesday’s round of job cuts, according to
| VentureBeat.
`----

http://www.paidcontent.org/entry/419-report-microsoft-guts-in-game-advertising-unit-in-layoffs/

Microsoft’s Massive in-game ad business takes hits among 3,000 overall layoffs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://venturebeat.com/2009/05/05/microsofts-massive-in-game-ad-business-takes-hits-in-layoffs/