Re: [News] Gnote 0.3.1

Tony Manco <trmanco@xxxxxx> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>> Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> It helps if you post a link to it.
>>>
>>> Duh.
>>
>> A quick Google for gnote and .... nothing.
>>

> Idiot...
>
> Have a look, 2nd (second) entry on the first 10 (ten) results...
>
> http://i44.tinypic.com/vgjvys.jpg
>
> Wait, maybe you don't understand English pretty well do you?... let me
> try and help...

Thanks you're confirming you're an idiot.

That page is:

http://live.gnome.org/Gnote

Contents?

,----
| Gnote is my experimental port of Tomboy to C++
|
| It is the same note taking application, minus things not done yet, boatload of addins and synchronization. Be patient they'll come.
|
| Download
|
| Can be downloaded from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnote/
|
| Software Packages
|
| Fedora includes Gnote in Rawhide (development branch leading to Fedora 11) and in Fedora 10
|
| # yum install gnote
|
| Pakages for Debian are available from http://people.debian.org/~rmh/gnote/
|
| Packages for Ubuntu are available from https://edge.launchpad.net/~gnote/+archive/ppa
|
| Archlinux has gnote in community
|
| # pacman -Sy gnote
|
| Source code
|
| The source code is currently hosted by GNOME.
|
| git://git.gnome.org/gnote
|
| Reporting bugs
|
| Do so in GNOME Bugzilla: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnote
|
| IRC
|
| The IRC channel is #gnote on GimpNet.
|
| Maintainers
|
| Hubert Figuiere
|
| File format
|
| The file format is the same as Tomboy's Note Format
`----

Point reinforced. Wow. Roy has another dickbot working for him.

But of course you snipped my post to show off. Here, let me replace the
pertinent points which make you look like a tit:

,----
| Seriously. ftp? Tick. Git? Tick.
|
| Homepage telling you what it is and why you should use it?
|
| Nope.
|
| What I did discover though was gnote causing distro and library hell:

In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to
another computer, you’re linking up to every computer that that
computer has ever linked up to. — Dennis Miller