[News] Gallery of Beautiful GNOME Themes and New Changes in GNOME Desktop

9 Great Gnome Themes with Ubuntu Repositories

,----[ Quote ]
| François Vogelweith is the author of zgegblog, a site that maintains a
| collection of great GNOME themes (you can see screenshots of the themes and
| some more info but in French, on his website). Balanzan (translated: Balance)
| is one of its most popular creations, a very comprehensive theme based on
| Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope, which contains a wallpaper, logon theme, Emerald
| theme, controls and icons.
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/05/9-great-gnome-themes-with-ubuntu.html

A Few Of The Changes For GNOME 2.27.1

,----[ Quote ]
| The first development release of GNOME 2.28 was supposed to be out at the end
| of April per its release schedule, but it's now slowly coming together. There
| are many bug-fixes and translation updates in the packages checked in so far
| for this first GNOME 2.28 development release (a.k.a. GNOME 2.27.1), but
| there are a few items worth pointing out.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzI0Ng

Recent:

Next GNOME Foundation Elections

,----[ Quote ]
| As people probably remember, the current GNOME Foundation Board was elected
| to serve until June 30th, 2009. We changed the end date from December 31th to
| June 30th so that the new board could have a face-to-face meeting at the very
| beginning of its term, during GUADEC. This face-to-face meeting is most
| useful to energize the board and make things go faster, so it really makes
| sense to have it occur at the beginning of a board term.
`----

http://www.vuntz.net/journal/post/2009/03/24/Next-GNOME-Foundation-Elections

GNOME 2.26: Fast & Stable, But Light On The New Features

,----[ Quote ]
| As I’ve used GNOME 2.26, I tried hard to find new things to make the overall
| release notable, but unfortunately I couldn’t really find anything exciting.
| Don’t get me wrong, GNOME is not a horrible desktop by any means; it’s fast,
| stable and gets the job done. However, this new release likely will not do
| much to convince users of other desktop environments to make the switch.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=240

Changes to the GNOME System Administration Team

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/328911/