Re: [News] Sub-notebooks Market is Restored Using Low-cost PCs Running Linux Only

  this bit o' wisdom:

> ____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 30 April 2009 23:51 : \____
>
>> Windows 7 will never run on the ARM. Microsoft simply does not have the
>> money, time or talent.
>
> Think again.
>
> Microsoft India centre working on Windows 7
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Designers and engineers at Microsoft R&D centre in India have a new mandate
>| for development of Windows 7, the next generation operating system from
>| Microsoft Corporation, slated for release in 2009-10.
> `----
>
> http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/business/microsoft-india-centre-workingwindows-7/09/56/296305

So, is Microsoft swapping?

That is, will all the Help Desks now be located in the U.S.?

Speaking of Windows Help, I found yet another "office depot" outfit helping
users with their so easy-to-use Windows systems:

   Staples EasyTech -- "We set up computers --- starting at $39.99".

We need new terms:

   The Windows Help Tax
   The Staples Windows Tax
   The Office Depot Windows Tax
   The Firedog Windows Tax
   The Geek Squad Windows Tax

Maybe each copy of Windows should come with a copy of "The Video Professor"?

--
Ships are safe in harbor, but they were never meant to stay there.