Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 1st of August, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 1st of August, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:00:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 917 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     359 1133467     1%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        81   70987    48%
   3. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        66  123180    59%
   4. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               42   10857    36%
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    39   22259    56%
   6. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            35   56718    86%
   7. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                     33   27437    67%
   8. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         28   54310    10%
   9. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  22   20434    72%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                              22   31116    85%
  11. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   18   95965     9%
  12. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     16   25638    45%
  13. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                   14   25034     0%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          14   11910    65%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           14   11898    47%
  16. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       13   15073    68%
  17. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          11    6277    54%
  18. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>              10   21027    47%
  19. Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 8   31485    56%
      Gunnar Gren <Gunnar.Gren@xxxxxxxxxxx>              8    6424    75%
  21. Stone Mirror <stonemirror@xxxxxxxxx>               6    7865    30%
  22. Vaughn Bode <unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx>                 5   21584    60%
      Linux Geek <penguin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    5    4500    81%
  24. Rathbone <please@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          4    4668    31%
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      4    4826    63%
  26. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             3    5591    82%
      Peter KÃhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>       3    4108    79%
      verofakto <vindicareg@xxxxxxxxx>                   3    2549    15%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3    2183    68%
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       3    1552    57%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] Why OpenOffice.org is Ripe for Adoption in        58   75375
   2. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Collapses After Worst Res       40   16922
      Why do the trolls cry so much over Roy?                  40   18683
   4. Telling it like it is                                    38   43644
   5. [News] Free Software Office Suites on the Desktop        24   28871
   6. I never thought I'd post this                            23   17217
   7. [News] Linux Mint Reviewed in News Factor                19   22649
   8. Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 25th of July,        16   23798
   9. How Microsoft Does Bundling and Why (Comes vs. Mic       15   32293
  10. [News] Children as Young as 2 Love Desktop GNU/Lin       14   19874
  11. [News][Rival] Microsoft in new EU browser offer          12   30319
  12. C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer                         11   34460
  13. Question For The Experts Here....                        10    9748
      Linux.com guest writer, Jon Reagan, Ubuntu develop       10   10738
  15. Bing is not Google but it is a spin engine                9   12763
      Linux game play at hand                                   9   42986
      [News] Debian Changes Its Release Policy                  9   12972
      Hello                                                     9    7055
  19. Micrsoft takes huge risk by abandoning XP on Netbo        8   10738
  20. Ping "7" :-)                                              7   11686
      Stallman clarifies his "EULA" statement                   7    6923
      [News] Ubuntu Christian Edition 5.0 and Ubuntu 8.0        7    6597
      [News] Microsoft Programming Language , C#, Takes         7    3724
      Software Crackdown                                        7    9642
  25. Globalisation Institute: Unbundling Microsoft Wind        6   18598
      actually , I like Windows                                 6    4169
      Richard Stallman v. Pirate Party                          6    6507
      Microsoft Explains Kickbacks, AKA "Referral Progra        6   51976
  29. [News] Claimed Leaked Pictures of Chrome OS (Linux        5    5664
      [News] Seattle Press Starts Covering GNU/Linux            5    4874
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       36
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     27
   3. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              24
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        17
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   17
   6. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       15
   7. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 14
   8. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             13
   9. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    12
  10. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             10
  11. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            8
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     8
  13. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                   7
      Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                7
  15. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          6
  16. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           5
  17. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
  18. Gunnar Gren <Gunnar.Gren@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             3
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       3
  20. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           2
      Peter KÃhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      2
      El Che <freeman_usenet*invalid*@yahoo.it>                         2
      Greg Cox <gregc@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       2
  24. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               1
      Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            1
      Linux Geek <penguin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 1
      Rathbone <please@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         1
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       1
      Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           1
      bochiman <catalin.bocanu@xxxxxxxxx>                               1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    157
   2. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          76
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        75
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       73
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       73
   6. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              70
   7. Stone Mirror <stonemirror@xxxxxxxxx>                             68
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   66
   9. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    65
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          65
  11. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    63
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         63
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             63
  14. Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               61
  15. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         60
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           60
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      60
  18. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 59
  19. Gunnar Gren <Gunnar.Gren@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            57
  20. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             56
  21. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  51
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           469
   2. slrn                                                            147
   3. Thunderbird                                                      97
   4. Pan                                                              57
   5. 40tude_Dialog                                                    42
   6. Forte Agent                                                      39
   7. G2/1.0                                                           35
   8. XPN                                                              15
   9. tin                                                              11
  10. Microhard Lookout                                                 3
  11. Mozilla                                                           2
  12. Gnus                                                              1
      MicroPlanet-Gravity                                               1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:28 up 64 days, 12:58,  4 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.16, 0.05