[News] Mozilla Sunbird 1.0 is Near, Chrome Gets Themes

Time Marches On: Mozilla Sunbird Finally Approaches 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mozilla Projectâs long-awaited calendaring app is about to see 1.0. After
| five years of development, the project released 1.0 beta builds this week. We
| took Sunbird for a spin to see how it manages our time.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7451/1.html

Official Google Chrome Themes Coming?

http://systembash.com/content/official-google-chrome-themes-coming/

Recent:

Linux Chrome Builds Get Plug-In Support

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux: If a lack of third-party plug-in support (i.e. Flash) kept you from
| trying out Chrome on your Linux system, then avoid no longer. The "early
| developer version" now supports many plug-ins, and they seem to work pretty
| well.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5327102/linux-chrome-builds-get-plug+in-support

- From The Labs: A first look at Chrome 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Charles McLellan checks out the new features in Google's latest browser, and
| compares its performance to its rivals
`----

http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/articles/video/0,1000002009,39663080,00.htm

Google Chrome 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Youâve probably seen many web sites saying, "Yeah! Chrome rocks! Fast!
| Speed-speed-speed! Woo-hoo!", provided with a bunch of benchmarks flexing
| itâs muscle, so to speak.
|
| Is Chrome fast? Yes, obviously. The fastest? No, that honor still belongs to
| Lynx and always will. Fastest GUI-based browser? Quite possibly.
`----

http://www.pcmech.com/article/google-chrome-2/

Google Chrome As Smooth as Chrome on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I would say once Flash gets in into this Google Chrome pre releases then it
| will be something I will stick with on Linux. Once Google Chrome comes out to
| Linux and Mac the browser wars will really heat up, and I donât think Chrome
| is going to melt.
`----

http://neverendinginternet.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/google-chrome-as-smooth-as-chrome-on-linux/

Test-driving Chrome for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, Iâm impressed with Chrome so far.  Its tiny resource footprint is
| likely to score big points with Linux geeks who like their machines to run as
| efficiently as possible, and with users seeking a more responsive browser
| than the mainstream offerings.  The current lack of integration into Gnome
| and the inability to change search engines (not to mention most other
| preferences) is discouraging, but we should spare final judgement on these
| issues until Chromeâs Linux port becomes stable.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/06/08/test-driving-chrome-for-ubuntu/

Five Essential Apps for the Ubuntu User

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu really shows the flexibility and potential of the Linux desktop. And
| the various applications â like the five discussed in this TechTip â add to
| that flexibility.
|
| Are you an Ubuntu user? If so, what are some of your favorite applications?
| Leave a comment and share your favorites.
`----

http://www.geeks.com/techtips/2009/Five-Essential-Apps-for-the-Ubuntu-User.htm

Google Chrome on Linux First Impressions and Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| So how unstable and incomplete is this developer version of Chrome? --At
| first, I didn't really notice its instability since it didn't crash on me.
| But upon checking my system stats, I found out that it is still
| (understandably) resource hungry as it is not efficient in utilizing RAM and
| CPU.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/06/chrome-on-linux-first-impressions-and.html

Chrome on Linux: Rough, fast & promising

,----[ Quote ]
| I'd been waiting for Chrome on Linux since Chrome first showed up. Chrome, if
| you haven't tried it, is the speed-demon of Web browsers. I love it. But,
| until now, there really wasn't a version that would run natively on Linux.
| Starting last night, June 4th, Google released developer's versions of Chrome
| for Macs and Linux. They're rough, really rough, but they're also really
| fast. Here's what I found in my first hours of working with Chrome on Linux.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/chrome_on_linux_rough_fast_promising

Get your Google Chrome on in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| It is exciting to see such progress. I realize a lot of Linux users out there
| arenât the biggest fans of Google. Those fans should at least give Chrome a
| try so they can see just what they will be missing. I have used Chrome on
| both Windows and Linux now and I can, without a doubt, the Linux version will
| blow away the Windows version. Of course from what I have seen the Linux
| version already is running better than the Windows version I used and Iâm not
| supposed to be using the Linux version (It will probably install Windows on
| my machine while I am not looking.)
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=669

Google Chrome for Mac OS X and Linux: First Impression

,----[ Quote ]
| At present Chrome only supports Ubuntu 8.04 or Debian 5 and later. Its
| performance on Linux is decent. It loads the pages fast and starts almost
| instantly.
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/google-chrome-for-mac-os-x-and-linux-first-impression/

Google Chrome For Mac, Linux Released To Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| However, the company is discouraging average users from downloading the
| browser-in-progress unless they really know what they're doing.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/google/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217701967

Google readying Mac, Linux versions of Chrome 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=3371