Re: UK Pentagon hacker loses appeal, will be sent to U.S.

____/ Andrew Halliwell on Saturday 01 August 2009 20:59 : \____

>> ____/ Phil Da Lick! on Saturday 01 August 2009 16:34 : \____

>>> Well, he committed a crime and deserves to pay but painting him as some
>>> kind of terrorist anti christ who needs to spend the rest of his life in
>>> jail is excessive. IMO he should be tried in the UK. If every computer
>>> crime resulted in the perpetrators being extradited to the country the
>>> target system was in we'd have a meltdown of all the airports.
>>
>> He only played, AFAIK. He didn't crack it for profit or for malicious
>> reasons.
>
> Didn't he also INFORM them of the security holes?
> or was that someone else?

I think not. I never heard of such a thing.

Maybe they noticed him when he shuffled and played with the wallpapers. Perhaps
he /wanted/ to be noticed and for the infiltration to come to their awareness.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

You know you're a Unix guy when your dreams start with #!/bin/sh.
 11:20:01 up 15 days, 13:39,  2 users,  load average: 2.05, 1.48, 1.73