[News] Vista 7 a Ripoff in the UK, Microsoft Tries to Tax GNU/Linux

Windows 7 upgrade rip-off for UK customers

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft imposes 100% price hike
`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=120256

They give the illusion Vista 7 is worth something and then bundle it with PCs
to make it look like a bargain. At the same time, those bullies use
racketeering tactics to tax Linux:

Câmon Steveâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, along comes Linux, and they say, âwe have no price,â which of course,
| we know for IP and other reasons, of course they have a price. But they
| say âwe have no price.â
|
| Notice how Steve diverts the attention of the public from the real issue
| here: money.
| What Steve here tries to underline - as he has done in oh-so-many-occasions -
| is the fact that everything has a price. If his company sells, then by
| comparison, what is free must also have a price. You see, for Steve is
| crucial that the consumers get brainwashed with this idea. Otherwise they
| could all just wake up one day and say âhey - what have we been paying for
| all this time? Why can Linux be free?â
| So this is the story of the happy little âintelectual propertyâ fairy.
| Steve used to call Linux users âcommunistsâ. Linux used to be a âcancerâ. Do
| you know what communists do? They monopolize people.
| Sounds familiar?
`----

http://www.mylro.org/blogs/mylro/?p=527

Microsoft is the next SCO.

Recent:

Windows 7: 83% Of Businesses Won't Deploy Next Year

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=216500331&subSection=News