[News] Thunderbird for GNU/Linux Also Browser, RSS Reader, Newsgroups Client...

ThunderBrowse Transforms Thunderbird into a Web Browser with Tabbed Browsing

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux/Windows: Whilst Mozilla is working hard to bring tabbed emails on an
| improved Thunderbird 3, amongst many other new features â tabbed emails are
| already present in pre-releases of Thunderbird 3, ThunderBrowse will add a
| new feature to Thunderbird 2 you didnât miss, until now, when you read this.
`----

http://www.kabatology.com/08/01/thunderbrowse-transforms-thunderbird-into-a-web-browser-with-tabbed-browsing/

I've personally installed it and it's great.  Can Microsoft Outlook do tabbing?
Or is it to Thunderbird what IE is to Firefox (i.e. inferior proprietary
unstable bundleware)? They are multi-purpose, like emacs.

Chrome is coming along too:

Get Your Chrome Experience On Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have anything to do with IT or computers you know about the Google
| Chrome browser. No matter where you stand on your opinion of Google, you can
| not deny the Chrome browser is fast. In fact, Chrome is setting the standard
| for browser speed such that the competition is now playing a serious game of
| catch up. The Chrome browser is so fast (at both startup and page load) that
| the difference goes well beyond noticeable. Next to all of its competition
| Google Chrome looks as if it is running in a completely different gear all
| together.
`----

http://linux.com/news/software/applications/31870-get-your-chrome-experience-on-in-linux

My Top 3 Chrome Extensions

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/08/top-chrome-extensions.html

Recent:

Thunderbird visual refresh on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Been working on the appearance of Thunderbird for the last two months now and
| as things are starting to land in the Nightly builds, things are indeed
| starting to look quite nice. As always, Lapo have been of great help in the
| icon department.
`----

http://www.andreasn.se/blog/?p=98

Getting insight into oneâs own email

,----[ Quote ]
| which isnât as short as it should be, telling me pretty quickly that I have
| some old messages that need attention. Itâll be interesting to see what else
| we learn from these kinds of simple personal analytics.
`----

http://ascher.ca/blog/2009/05/08/getting-insight-into-ones-own-email/

Thunderbird 3 Coming To Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 11 is reaching an impressive number of accepted features. Beyond
| introducing Intel and NVIDIA kernel mode-setting, Nouveau becoming the
| default NVIDIA driver, and a new volume control interface, there will be a
| plethora of package updates. Fedora 11 will have available Xfce 4.6, GNOME
| 2.26, and KDE 4.2 for the desktops.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzEwNQ

Thunderbird 3 Beta 2 is Now Available

,----[ Quote ]
| We're happy to announce the release of Thunderbird 3 Beta 2, now available
| for download.
`----

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/about/press/archive/2009-02-26-01

Lightning-in-Thunderbird status update

,----[ Quote ]
| For some time, we (the Thunderbird release-drivers) have been exploring how
| to best integrate calendar functionality into Thunderbird. ÂTime for an
| update.
`----

http://ascher.ca/blog/2009/02/18/lightning_update/

Related:

The future of Lightning... after the Thunderbird announcement

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar/2007/08/the_future_of_lightning_after.html